Stories, poems, and stuff kids would like.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Böseboy and the Shade, Conclusion

Böseboy about jumped out of his skin when the voice came out of the dark. He took a step back and almost tripped on the stairs.

“Who’s there???” he asked, panicked.

“Can’t you read?”

“Of course I can! I’m in fourth grade!” Well, it was almost true.

“Then you can read my name on the stone in front.”

“Name on what stone…” he thought about it. The only stones around here were tombstones. Oh!

“Just call me Silias. Now where’s the pizza? I haven’t eaten for 130 years.”

Böseboy could just barely make out a shape in the light that was coming from above. It looked like a hunched-over old man.

“You look like a hunched-over old man,” Böseboy said.

“Didn’t your mother teach you manners? You never tell people how they really look. You always tell them they look fabulous.”

“Sorry. You look fabulous.”

“Liar! You wouldn’t look too good after 100 years either.”

“I thought it was 130,” Böseboy said. “Hey, maybe you knew my great-great-grandfather.”

“Shoot, I probably stole money from him,” Silias said.

“Do you want to go out and play?”

“It’s not allowed,” Silias said, grumpily.

“Well that’s a stupid rule! Can’t you sneak out anyway?”

“Only after midnight perhaps.”

“Cool! We can sneak up to peopleses windows and scare ‘em!”

“Do you think you could teach me how to skateboard?”

“Sure,” said Böseboy.

So night after night, he and Silias would sneak out and skate down the cemetery hill. When they wanted to take a break they would sneak up to somebody’s window and and spook ‘em.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home